By Bonnie Shelton
WAUSAU (WAOW)--A new law takes effect February 1st that requires you to have carbon monoxide detectors on all levels of your home. The new law applies to one and two family homes in Wisconsin.
According to the law, you should have a carbon monoxide detector on all floors, including the basement.
Firefighters said it's important to take the time and invest in a detector because even a small amount of carbon monoxide can make you sick.
Also, be aware of the causes of carbon monoxide. You may not know it, but plugging in a boat battery to charge it for the summer can let off enough carbon monoxide to set off a detector in your home.
Be sure to change batteries regularly and replace carbon monoxide detectors about every five years.
That way, you can prevent false reads and improve the health and safety of your family.
Online Reporter: Bonnie Shelton
One year after a deadly shooting rampage in Marathon County, the community and businesses honored the four lives lost in different ways.
1908 Grand Avenue, Wausau, WI 54403
News Tips: email@example.com or 715-842-9293