By Ashley Gatz
PHILLIPS (WAOW) -- A man is dead after an apartment fire in Phillips.
Crews arrived at the building on North Lake Avenue just before 8:30 Tuesday morning.
When they got there, they found a 36 year old man inside.
Sadly, attempts to pull him out were unsuccessful because first responders were driven back by the intense heat and smoke.
He lived in the lower apartment of the structure. The older building had recently been converted into apartments.
The man's name is not being released until his family is notified.
The blaze started in a bedroom and investigators believe smoking or an electrical cord ignited the flames.
Damage is estimated at $15,000 to $20,000.
Online Reporter: Ashley Gatz
Paul Kloos died after a manure pit exploded Friday morning, according to the Marathon County Sheriff's Department.
1908 Grand Avenue, Wausau, WI 54403
News Tips: firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-842-9293