Coroner: Toddler's death in Sauk County due to heat exposure
PRAIRIE DU SAC (WKOW) -- The Sauk County coroner says the preliminary cause of death of a toddler found unresponsive at a campground in Prairie du Sac is heat exposure.
The Sauk County coroner says the 16-month-old Mauston boy was asleep in the family's trailer Saturday afternoon when it was very warm. The coroner says the trailer had an air conditioning unit, but Sauk Prairie police are investigating whether it malfunctioned.
The coroner says toxicology tests are pending.
Sauk Prairie emergency responders were called to the park about 3 p.m. Saturday. The child was taken to Sauk Prairie Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.