UPDATE: Fire breaks out at apartment, Thursday morning - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

UPDATE: Fire breaks out at apartment, Thursday morning


By Alex Haight - bio | email | Twitter | Facebook

WAUSAU (WAOW) -- Four people are currently without a home after a couch caught fire early Thursday morning in Wausau. Fire crews responded to the 1400 block of N 2nd Street at around 7:30 a.m. , where they say they found a large fire coming from the downstairs living room. Officials say they were able to extinguish the blaze quickly since a fire station was nearby, but there are still plenty of repairs needed. Wausau Fire Dept. Battalion Chief Doug Beula says "We have significant damage in the living room area where the couch was. There's some heat damage on the first floor to the adjoining room with some smoke damage throughout the structure. We did have to open up the wall in the upstairs apartment to check for extension. The upstairs apartment pretty much received only smoke damage." No one was injured in the blaze. Beula says the Red Cross will help make temporary living arrangements for the two families while the home is repaired.

Powered by Frankly