Fire caused by meth lab in Shawano - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Fire caused by meth lab in Shawano

 By Patrick Manning - bio | email | Twitter | Facebook

 SHAWANO (WAOW) -- Authorities in Shawano County say a meth lab is to blame for a weekend fire. The Shawano fire department responded to the blaze at an apartment in downtown Shawano early Sunday.

They determined it was caused by a mix of chemicals associated with cooking meth which includes household items.

"Everything that they need to cook methamphetamine can be purchased at your local hardware store or your local drug store. And that's tough to monitor, that at all," says Ed Whealon, Shawano chief of police.

Police say they are still looking for the people involved in starting the fire. They believe they rented out the apartment.

Police say it's the first meth lab they have discovered in Shawano County.

Online Reporter: Patrick Manning

Powered by Frankly