Adams Co. man hurt in garage explosion - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Adams Co. man hurt in garage explosion


By Bonnie Shelton

TOWN OF ROME (WAOW) -- A man is seriously hurt after a garage explosion in Adams County.

According to first responders, it happened shortly after 4:00pm Saturday at a residence off of County Road D in the Town of Rome.

Crews on the scene tell Newsline 9 it appears to be a natural gas fire. They believe the man was in the garage working with a tank, when it exploded. They say the fire quickly spread to the home.

Our reporter on scene says there was debris and siding scattered throughout the yard.

Investigators say the man was found in a neighbor's front yard with burns to his face and arms. He was airlifted to a burn unit in Madison. There's no word yet on his condition.

Neighbors tell Newsline 9 they heard a loud boom that shook their home hard enough to stop a clock hanging on the wall.

Authorities say the home is a total loss.

We'll have more updates as they become available.

Online Reporter: Bonnie Shelton

Powered by Frankly