Chimney buildup leads to Wausau house fire - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Chimney buildup leads to Wausau house fire


WAUSAU (WAOW)-- Fire officials say a dirty chimney led to a house fire Thursday morning in Wausau.

Firefighters responded to the 2400 block of Emerson Street around 9 a.m., where they found smoke billowing from a home.

Lt. Wally Olson of the Wausau Fire Department says crews were quickly able to identify the source of the problem.

Olson says it appears a metal chimney pipe was disconnected, and creosote built up and eventually ignited.

He says when they found the fire, it was only smoldering.

No one was injured.

Powered by Frankly