Dryer causes fire at Rib Mountain home - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Dryer causes fire at Rib Mountain home

Posted:
RIB MOUNTAIN (WAOW) -

A clothes dryer started a fire that damaged a house in Rib Mountain.

It happened Tuesday afternoon at 4605 Indigo Drive. A Rib Mountain Fire official on scene said the house sustained heavy smoke and fire damage.

Officials said one woman was home at the time. She got out of the house safely. A cat also made it out.

Several units from Rib Mountain Fire and Weston Fire responded to the blaze. They used several hundred feet of hose to put out the fire because the house is situated in a wooded area away from the main road.

 

Powered by Frankly