Wausau investigators blame grill for apartment fire - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Wausau investigators blame grill for apartment fire

Posted:

WAUSAU (WAOW) -- An apartment on Wausau's North side was evacuated early Tuesday morning after reports of a fire.

Wausau police tell Newsline 9, it appears a charcoal grill on the balcony of an apartment at 1813 North 11th Dr. wasn't fully extinguished and caught the siding on fire.

A passerby noticed the flames and ran to the balcony and threw the grill over.  Investigators say he suffered burns to his hands.  No other injuries were reported.

Crews had to cut through the outside walls to make sure the fire hadn't moved past the siding.

The apartment complex is near the Northcentral Technical College campus and behind the popular Campus Pub.

Stay with Newsline 9 for further details.

Powered by Frankly