Officials from the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department said an un-extinguished cigarette set a mattress on fire in an upstairs bedroom at W7218 STH 86 in Tomahawk around 4 this morning.
Authorities said firefighters were able to keep flames from spreading outside of the bedroom.
The Sheriff's Department said there was minimal damage to the residence.
Scattered light snow and freezing drizzle lingers through daybreak Tuesday. Cooler and quiet the next few days.
1908 Grand Avenue, Wausau, WI 54403
News Tips: email@example.com or 715-842-9293