Baby sleeping with mother is electrocuted - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Baby sleeping with mother is electrocuted

MILWAUKEE (AP) -

The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's office says an infant girl is electrocuted while sleeping with her mother.

The medical examiner's report says 3-month-old Diamond Nicole McDuffie came in contact with a baseboard heater, a metal bed frame and a frayed extension cord with an exposed wire at a Milwaukee apartment.

Authorities say the infant was found wedged between the bed and a wall after sleeping with her mother and another infant Friday. The medical examiner says the cause of death is accidental electrocution.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly