Overheated electric motor sets off alarm at Weston hospital - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Overheated electric motor sets off alarm at Weston hospital

Posted:

Firefighters responded to St. Clare's Hospital in Weston late Monday evening for a problem in a mechanical room.

It happened just after 10:30 p.m. According to Everest Metro Police, an electric motor overheated in a control room and set off a smoke alarm.

A Weston firefighter on scene said there was a fire in the motor, and there was heavy smoke in the room.

Police and fire officials say no one was hurt.

Newsline 9's photographer counted at least 10 emergency vehicles responded to the scene.

Stay tuned to Newsline 9 for updates.

Powered by Frankly