Marshfield fire fighters responded to a structure fire early Saturday morning. Officials say the fire started in a dumpster behind the Clippe Joint on 107 E. 3rd Street in downtown Marshfield.
According to a press release, all fire personnel were called to the scene after 3 o'clock in the morning. Residents living in the apartment above the Clippe Joint had already left the building when crews arrived.
All available Marshfield fire fighters were called to the scene to help put out the blaze.
No injuries were reported, but crews say there is significant damage to the Clippe Joint and some damage to the apartment above.
They estimate the damage to that building and those around it to be between $150 thousand and $200 thousand dollars.
They say the fire started after charcoal ash wasn't disposed of properly in the plastic dumpster behind the building.