A recycling and auto body shop has been destroyed by fire in western Wisconsin.
The owner of Centerville Recycling near Trempealeau and two firefighters suffered smoke inhalation when the longtime family business went up in flames Sunday.
Forty-4-year-old Alvin "Rob" Stanislowski rushed into the burning building, mistakenly believing that his girlfriend's son was inside. Stanislowski's dog, Sadie, was trapped under a desk in his office and died in the fire.
Stanislowski tells the La Crosse Tribune (http://bit.ly/T0FWsX ) the business has been in the family for 35 years. He estimates his loss at $500,000.