Charges delayed in Montee Ball attack - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Charges delayed in Montee Ball attack

Posted:

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A prosecutor says charges against three men accused of assaulting Wisconsin running back Montee Ball have been delayed because he doesn't have all the police reports from last month's incident.

Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne (oh-ZAHN') told a court commissioner Monday that not all of the police reports have been received by prosecutors. WKOW-TV (http://tinyurl.com/d9rhwxn ) reports Ozanne says an initial appearance for the men on unspecified charges could be scheduled for Sept. 17.

Probable cause affidavits say a witness and surveillance video place the men in the area where Ball was attacked on Aug. 1. The Heisman Trophy finalist suffered a concussion during the early morning assault near campus.

Ball was smothered by Oregon State's defense Saturday when the Beavers upset the Badgers 10-7.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.