Fire at UW-Platteville started with meth cooking - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Fire at UW-Platteville started with meth cooking

Posted:
PLATTEVILLE (AP) -

Police say it seems a small fire on the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus was started when a student tried to make meth.

WKOW-TV reports Sunday that the fire started early Saturday. The Rountree Commons dorm was evacuated for about an hour.

Police say a student was trying to cook methamphetamine when the ingredients started a fire in a plastic waste basket. The student put out the fire and emergency crews were called.

Five people suffered smoke-related injuries.

The student was arrested. He's being held on a tentative charge of attempted manufacturing of methamphetamine.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.