Man accused in Montee Ball attack reaches deal - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Man accused in Montee Ball attack reaches deal

Posted:
MADISON (AP) -

One of three men accused of attacking Wisconsin running back Montee Ball in August has reached a deal with prosecutors.

Twenty-one-year-old Wendell Venerable of Madison is scheduled for a plea hearing Dec. 17. His lawyer, Brian Hough, told the Wisconsin State Journal (http://bit.ly/TKfF4A) he could not comment on the agreement, but confirmed Friday that one had been reached.

Venerable is charged with substantial battery for the alleged Aug. 1 attack. Two other men charged in the case -- 22-year-old Robert A. Wilks and 21-year-old Deonte J. Wilson, both of Madison -- are scheduled for trial on Dec. 17.

The three are charged with attacking Ball as he walked behind two friends, leaving Ball unconscious and with a concussion. Ball has said he does not remember the attack.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.