Firefighters Respond to a House Fire in Hatley - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Firefighters Respond to a House Fire in Hatley


Hatley and Birnamwood Fire Departments responded to a fire at 1366 Lakeview Drive in Hatley tonight at 8:11 PM.

The Hatley Fire Department says a chimney fire began from a wood burning fireplace, spreading to the attic and roof. The roof and attic of the home were badly damaged, while the lower level has smoke and water damage. No damage estimate has been made.

Two people were inside of the home when the fire began, but were able to escape unharmed.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at