Resident escapes Weston house fire - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Resident escapes Weston house fire

Posted:

Firefighters spent the morning putting out a house fire in Weston.

The call came in just after 11:00 a.m. Monday. Authorities say the homeowner called 911 after she smelled smoke.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they quickly worked to put the fire out. Investigators say an electrical panel malfunctioned, causing it to catch fire. They say the house has smoke damage.

The homeowner made it out safely.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.