Rural Pittsville couple flees fire - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Rural Pittsville couple flees fire

Posted:

PITTSVILLE (WAOW) - A rural Pittsville couple escaped injury early Tuesday from a fire that extensively damaged their home.

"We know that the fire is related to the wood stove in the house," Pittsville Fire Chief Jerry Minor said.

The fire, reported at 4 a.m. along Polish Road, started in the attic near where chimney pipes go through, he said.

The fire traveled from one end of the attic to the other, Minor said.

The couple, who have owned the single-story home since 1994, reported they were alerted to the fire when their German shepherd started acting strangely and they smelled smoke, Minor said.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.