Rabbits, snake rescued from Mosinee fire - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Rabbits, snake rescued from Mosinee fire


MOSINEE (WAOW) _ Firefighters say they rescued two rabbits and helped remove a pet boa constrictor after being summoned to an apartment fire early Monday morning.

Investigators say families living in two apartments in the building at 203 Second Street in Mosinee escaped unharmed.

They say heavy smoke poured from the eves of the building when firefighters arrived about 2 a.m.

The fire, believed to have started in the basement, destroyed the building, according to the Mosinee Fire District.

A member of one of the families fleeing the fire helped remove the snake from the blaze, firefighters said.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.