Rabbits, snake rescued from Mosinee fire - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Rabbits, snake rescued from Mosinee fire

Posted:

MOSINEE (WAOW) _ Firefighters say they rescued two rabbits and helped remove a pet boa constrictor after being summoned to an apartment fire early Monday morning.

Investigators say families living in two apartments in the building at 203 Second Street in Mosinee escaped unharmed.

They say heavy smoke poured from the eves of the building when firefighters arrived about 2 a.m.

The fire, believed to have started in the basement, destroyed the building, according to the Mosinee Fire District.

A member of one of the families fleeing the fire helped remove the snake from the blaze, firefighters said.

Powered by Frankly