WAUSHARA COUNTY (WAOW) - A propane leak in the basement of a rural Waushara County home caused an explosion early Tuesday that blew off a garage door, the sheriff's department said. No one was hurt.
The force of the blast propelled the door onto nearby state Highway 73 and a vehicle hit it, authorities said.
Investigators said the propane leaked in a basement area under the garage and what ignited it remained under investigation.
The explosion occurred about 1:30 a.m. at the home on Highway 73 north of Cypress Road in the Town of Marion.
For the first time, a Wausau office dragged by a fleeing driver is speaking out.
Some sunshine Thursday, showers possible Friday but mild.
1908 Grand Avenue, Wausau, WI 54403
News Tips: firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-842-9293