Ford plans to appeal $2.9 million jury award - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Ford plans to appeal $2.9 million jury award

Posted:
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) -

Ford Motor Co. plans to appeal a decision awarding $2.9 million in damages to a Colorado man who was hurt in a 2009 accident.

   Ford spokesman Jay Cooney told the Daily Camera on Tuesday that the auto maker is disappointed with the verdict and plans to appeal.

   Attorneys in the case say a Boulder County jury ruled last week that a defective seat in Forrest Walker's Ford Explorer led to his injuries.

   Walker's lawsuit said Walker's seat dropped into a fully reclined position when his SUV was rear-ended, sending him head first into the back seat.

The complaint says he sustained upper neck injuries and still has visual problems and cognitive and speaking deficiencies.

He also gave up his job as a physical therapist.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.