YANGON, Myanmar (AP) -- Police in Myanmar say 13 children died when an electrical fire broke out at a mosque in the country's largest city.
Police officer Thet Lwin said the blaze early Tuesday in Yangon was triggered by an overheated inverter "and not due to any criminal activity."
Myanmar has been on edge after sectarian violence between Buddhists and Muslims erupted in the central city of Meikhtila in March, killing dozens of people and displacing more than 10,000.
Thet Lwin (Tet Win) says the mosque in eastern Yangon sheltered about 75 orphans, and most escaped unharmed by running out of a door after police knocked it open.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze and the two-story building was charred but intact.
A concerned parent is voicing her concerns after a whooping cough outbreak in Neillsville.
Tricia Zunker who volunteers at her first grader's school, Riverview Elementary, is working on addressing a growing problem: kids going home with a full stomach and returning with an empty one.
1908 Grand Avenue, Wausau, WI 54403
News Tips: firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-842-9293