Some Chinese operators suspend NKorea tours - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Some Chinese operators suspend NKorea tours

Posted:
BEIJING (AP) -

Some Chinese travel agencies have cancelled tours to North Korea due to safety concerns as Pyongyang continues its war-like posturing.

 However, other Chinese operators say they still plan to take tourists in to the country.

   North Korea has warned foreign companies and tourists to leave South Korea due to the threat of war and it has advised foreign diplomats in Pyongyang that it can't guarantee their safety past Wednesday.

   A woman who refused to identify herself at the Explore North Korea travel agency in the border city of Dandong said group tourism had been suspended beginning Wednesday.

 She said they had received a notification from the National Tourism Administration warning against tourism to North Korea.

   An official at the administration refused to comment.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.