Man held in killing of pregnant Dallas girlfriend - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Man held in killing of pregnant Dallas girlfriend


DALLAS (AP) -- A Dallas man suspected of fatally shooting his pregnant girlfriend and later shooting an officer during a high-speed chase is being held on a capital murder charge.

Police arrested 26-year-old Tyrone Christopher Allen after a four-hour standoff Monday. A police spokeswoman says he was later charged with aggravated assault of a police officer.

Police say 28-year-old Breshuana Jackson told a witness that "Tyrone shot me" before she was taken to the hospital where she died.

Authorities say the police officer who was shot during a car chase was released from a hospital in good condition.

A man suspected of fatally shooting a pregnant Dallas woman on Monday and later shooting an officer during a high-speed chase was taken into police custody after a four-hour standoff.

Police said in a statement that the suspect, whom they haven't publicly identified, was taken into custody at about 4:30 p.m. They didn't provide any details about the arrest, but planned to discuss the case at a news conference later Monday.

Authorities suspect that the man fatally shot 28-year-old Breshuana Jackson at a home in Dallas' Hamilton Park neighborhood. When police arrived, a person in the home reported hearing the victim yell the suspect's name and then saw the suspect drive away. Police did not disclose the nature of the relationship between the suspect and Jackson.

About an hour-and-a-half after talking to the witness, officers spotted the suspect driving and tried to stop him. The suspect refused and led police on a chase, during which he fired on the officers, shooting Officer Daniel Malouf in the stomach.

The suspect then returned to the neighborhood where the woman was shot. His car eventually coming to an abrupt halt as he hit a curb and the bumper flew off. He then took off on foot to a nearby house, where he barricaded himself in.

Per policy, police would not say whether Malouf was wearing a protective vest. But the officer was released from a hospital in good condition hours after being taken there for treatment.

A school near the home where the suspect was barricaded was locked down, but a district spokesman later said the school was never threatened and that all students were safe.

Powered by Frankly