MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Three Republican lawmakers are calling on the state Department of Natural Resources to cancel the four-day antlerless deer hunt in northern Wisconsin scheduled to begin Thursday because of a depleted herd.More >>
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Three Republican lawmakers are calling on the state Department of Natural Resources to cancel the four-day antlerless deer hunt in northern Wisconsin scheduled to begin Thursday because of a depleted herd. More >>
A 19-year-old Rothschild babysitter captured on a nanny-cam has taken a plea deal.More >>
WASHBURN COUNTY (WQOW) - Carbon monoxide is being blamed for the death of a man in Washburn County.
Rescue crews were called to a Shell Lake home around 3 a.m. Tuesday. Joseph Parker was taken to the hospital but did not survive. He was 32 years old.
His wife and two daughters were also hospitalized for carbon monoxide exposure. The sheriff says they are doing as well as can be expected. The deputy sheriff, several firefighters and ambulance crew members were also taken to the hospital for exposure.
The preliminary investigation shows Parker was using a gas-powered generator to provide electricity to the home. The sheriff says the exhaust fumes from the generator were not properly vented, leading to carbon monoxide levels that were at least 800 times acceptable levels.
"This is a terrible tragedy for the Parker family; however, we can be thankful there was not further loss of life. We are so very thankful for first responders who place themselves in danger every day. Until a tragedy such as this, we tend to forget what we ask of them," said Washburn County Sheriff Terry Dryden.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.