Suder joins Walker administration; announces new job - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Suder joins Walker administration; announces new job

Posted: Updated:

State Rep. Scott Suder (R-Abbotsford) has announced he is resigning his legislative seat and joining Governor Scott Walker's administration.

Suder, the Assembly majority leader, was named the new Public Service Commission Division Administrator for Water Compliance and Consumer Affairs.

Suder released a media release saying, "Today I am announcing my retirement from the Wisconsin State Assembly. After fourteen years of proudly serving the 69th Assembly District, I will be stepping down on September 3, 2013 to pursue an opportunity in Governor Walker's Administration."

In a statement, Gov. Walker said, "Representative Suder has long served the residents of Wisconsin, the Public Service Commission will benefit from his talents and experience. I thank Representative Suder for his work in the Legislature and I look forward to being able to work with him in this new capacity."

According to the Government Accountability Board, a special election will be held to fill the position, once Suder officially steps down. Suder tells Newsline 9 he will be making more money, bringing in more than $90,000 a year.

Businessman Bob Kulp of Stratford announced his candidacy for the position today on Facebook.

Suder has represented the 69th Assembly district since 1998. He is from originally from Medford.


Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at