2013 First Snowfall Contest
Wake Up Wisconsin
Guess the first date that there will be 1 inch of snowfall in Wausau during Fall-Winter of 2013
Official Contest Rules
1. No purchase necessary.
2. To be eligible you must guess the first date there will be an inch of snowfall in Wausau during the Fall-Winter of 2013. The official snow amount will be that which is indicated on the climate record for downtown Wausau – as recorded by the National Weather Service of Green Bay on the daily climate report. If the snowfall occurs over the course of two days then the date that had the first full inch of snow will be considered the winning date. For example, if there was 1.6 inches of snow and 0.50 inches fell before midnight and 1.1 inches fell after midnight, then the date after midnight would be the winning date. In the case that the first snowfall of one inch or greater is evenly divided between two days or neither date alone has one inch or greater (example: 0.70 inches before midnight and 0.70 after midnight), then both dates will be declared winning dates. If the first 1 inch or greater snowfall occurs before October 5th (during the entry period) then the 2nd snowfall of 1 inch or greater will be considered the winning date.
3. Only 1 entry is allowed per person.
4. The entry period will be from September 23rd through the end of the day (midnight) on October 4th.
5. Contestants must enter the contest online by filling out the form at WAOW.com, by text message (by texting “snowfall” to 28214), or by mail.
To enter by mail, entrants must send a postcard or letter with their name, address, and prediction (the first date there will be an inch of snowfall in Wausau during the Fall-Winter of 2013) to “Snowfall Contest,” WAOW-TV, 1908 Grand Avenue, Wausau WI 54403.
6. The “winners” are everyone that correctly predicts the first date there will be an inch of snow in Wausau. The top 4 prizes will be determined and awarded through a random drawing that includes all “winners”. All other “winners” that are NOT selected in the random drawing for the top 4 prizes will receive a consolation prize.
Prizes are as follows: Grand Prize: Free car washes for 1 year (52 PREMIUM washes) plus a $200. R-store gift card (approximately $500 dollar value). 2nd Place: $150 R-store gift card. 3rd Place: $100 R-store gift card. 4th Place: $50 R-store gift card. Consolation prize: one R-store car wash coupon.
7. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries received.
8. WAOW will conduct the contest and WAOW will be the final judge on all matters related to this contest. The judges' decisions are final, binding and conclusive on all matters. By entering this contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges relative to the contest. In the event of non-compliance, an alternative winner may be selected.
9. Winner must be willing to have their name presented on the air. Winner's name may be used for publicity purposes without further compensation.
10. Employees of WAOW and their families, its subsidiaries, divisions and related companies, its promotional agencies and all participating promotional partners are not eligible.
11. Any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
12. WAOW reserves the right to settle all disputes and to change and alter the details of the contest as circumstances merit.
13. All prizes will be mailed to winner, unless winner arranges to pick up the prize at WAOW office in Wausau.
14. Winners are not eligible to win another contest with WAOW for 30 days after winning, unless specifically allowed in other contest rules.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.