Wendy's in Rib Mountain has been destroyed by fire, according to the Rib Mountain deputy fire chief.
The deputy chief told Newsline 9 the fire started in the kitchen on an oven or stove Thursday evening.
The call came in around 10:30 p.m., according to Marathon County Sheriff's Lt. Randy Albert. No customers were there, but four employees were.
Employees saw the fire and evacuated the building. Everyone made it out safely, the deputy fire chief said.
The building is a total loss, he said.
Sixty firefighters from several different fire departments battled the blaze until after midnight Friday.
Now investigators are trying to figure out how the fire started. They say it was likely grease-related.
Customers tell Newsline 9 they are disappointed they weren't able to visit Wendy's for lunch because of the fire.
It was a successful weekend hunt for numerous area kids who bagged their very first deer.
1908 Grand Avenue, Wausau, WI 54403
News Tips: firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-842-9293