Schofield apartment fire forces evacuation - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Schofield apartment fire forces evacuation

Posted:
SCHOFIELD (WAOW) - People were evacuated from an apartment building in Schofield Tuesday evening after a tenant left a stove on to warm an apartment, the Schofield fire chief said.

Chief Rob Bowen said no one was hurt and everyone got out of the building on Fullmer Street safely.

Bowen tells Newsline 9 the fire happened in a lower apartment in the kitchen area. He said he isn't sure what actually started the fire, but says it's still under investigation.

Bowen says the apartment sustained heavy damage.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.