Komen grantee serves local community - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Komen grantee serves local community


While Komen Central Wisconsin contributes 25% of net proceeds to national cancer research, the other 75% of funds raised in Central Wisconsin go to the local community. The 2015 annual report of Komen grantee Aspirus Health Foundation shows that they were able to serve more than 700 people in the Central Wisconsin area.

In addition, Aspirus Health Foundation has released information for the 2016 grant year so far, which began on April 1. At this time they have provided 269 services, which have been divided among counties as follows:

  • Lincoln: 28
  • Langlade: 22
  • Marathon: 130
  • Portage: 20
  • Wood: 19
  • Taylor: 12
  • Shawano: 13
  • Other: 25

Newsline 9 will continue to update the public about grant year statistics as they are released. 

Powered by Frankly