Broken valve at LP plant in Marshfield causes leak
MARSHFIELD (WAOW) -- A broken valve at a liquid propane plant in Marshfield caused a leak Friday that prompted authorities to block off surrounding streets, according to the Wood County Sheriff's Department.
The spill at Superior Gas at 14th Street and Oak Avenue was cleaned up by about 11:30 a.m., and the roadblocks were lifted, the sheriff's department said.
Marshfield Deputy Fire Chief Craig DeGrand said a 500-gallon LP tank undergoing routine maintenance fell off some blocks it was sitting on, breaking a valve and causing about 50 gallons to leak before a new valve was installed.
The incident happened about 10:30 a.m. inside a garage and most of the gas vaporized into the air, he said.