Aniwa area teens burned when spray can explodes - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Aniwa area teens burned when spray can explodes

Posted:
ANIWA (WAOW) – A teenager was severely burned when he and his brother used a propane torch to light some propellant from a can of spray paint and it exploded, authorities said Thursday.
 
The 18-year-old was burned in the face and upper chest and was taken by helicopter to a Wausau hospital where he remained Thursday, said Lt. Bill Millhausen of the Marathon County Sheriff's Department.
 
“They were just kids messing around,” he said.
 
The explosion, which happened in the 1400 block of Highway D in the Town of Plover near Aniwa on Tuesday afternoon, occurred after the brothers poked a hole in the spray can with a knife or screw driver and used a propane torch to light the escaping propellant, Millhausen said.
 
The 16-year-old brother suffered minor burns, the lieutenant said.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.