A Stevens Point woman found a special surprise in an unlikely place.
Five years ago, Lois Matykowski lost her wedding ring.
Matykowski had given up all hope finding it, until her dog, Tucker, led her to a shocking discovery.
Tucker is your typical mutt.
He likes playing with his frisbee and rolling on the grass on a hot summer day.
"You wouldn't think he's ten years old by the way he acts," said Matykowski.
Like every pup, he likes getting into trouble.
"He's known in the family to be the food burglar," said Matykowski.
It's because of that nickname, a secret hiding in his belly would be revealed.
Two weeks ago, Matykowski and her granddaughter were eating popsicles outside.
"After I turn around and look at my granddaughter and the popsicle is gone and there's Tucker smacking his jaws," she said.
The "Food Burglar" had struck again, swallowing the popsicle whole.
But the snatched food soon came back up and two days later, Tucker started vomiting again.
Only this time, it wasn't a popsicle stick.
"I look in the paper towel and here is my wedding ring," Matykowski said. "I kid you not. My wedding ring was in Tucker's puke!"
When her ring went missing five years ago, Matykowski searched the house high and low with no luck.
"I was devastated," she said. "How do you replace something like that? Not only the value of the ring but just the emotional ties too."
Matykowski's veterinarian says the popsicle stick may have dislodged the ring inside Tucker.
An x-ray showed there are no more treasures hidden in Tucker's belly, but Matykowski says Tucker is still the envy of the neighborhood.
"Friends have said, 'I want a dog that throws up diamonds!' Who wouldn't, right?" she said.
And tucker? She says he's taking it all in stride.
"I have my wedding ring back and Tucker is big dog on campus right now," she said. "He's my hero."
Despite Tucker's crime as a jewel thief, Matykowski says all is forgiven.
"I'm just elated," she said. "He threw up on the carpeting and I don't even care."
For now on, this pup will stick to doggy treats and keep diamonds out of his diet.
Paul Kloos died after a manure pit exploded Friday morning, according to the Marathon County Sheriff's Department.
1908 Grand Avenue, Wausau, WI 54403
News Tips: firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-842-9293