Child may have started Mosinee duplex fire - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Child may have started Mosinee duplex fire

Posted:
MOSINEE (WAOW) -- A fire in a Mosinee duplex may have been started by a child trying to use the stove, according to Mosinee fire officials.

Authorities say the fire probably started in the kitchen.

They say there's smoke damage to the ceilings but no structural damage.

Family members who live in the other side of the duplex say they saw smoke and knew they had to do something.

"It was heavy black smoke so we quickly whipped around the corner," said Jeremy Wright, a family member and neighbor. "[My mother] made me run in the house screaming. I got engulfed in smoke because it blew out the window and I just screamed, 'Your house is on fire.'"

No injuries were reported.
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.