Marathon Electric evacuated - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Marathon Electric evacuated

Posted:

WAUSAU (WAOW) -- Workers inside Marathon Electric were evacuated early Thursday morning when officials say varnish materials inside a barrel began to smoke.

A lieutenant with the Wausau Police Department tells Newsline 9, calls for help came in around 12:45 a.m.

She says about two dozen employees were evacuated. They have been allowed to return to work.

One man was taken to the hospital after investigators say he inhaled some of the smoke from the barrel.  His current condition is unknown.

Marathon Electric produces motors and generators.  It's located at 100 E. Randolph Street.

Marathon Electric is part of the Beloit family of companies.


Powered by Frankly