Susan G. Komen appreciation dinner - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Susan G. Komen appreciation dinner

Posted:
WAUSAU (WAOW) - Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is almost here.

The appreciation reception was held Tuesday night to say thank you to those who join the fight against breast cancer.

Grant recipients, volunteers and sponsors gathered for the dinner at the Jefferson Street Inn in Wausau.

The race is in its 5th year in central Wisconsin.

Race organizers say they are ahead of last year both in terms of money raised and in race registration.

"The money we raise, up to 75 percent of it will stay right here in the central Wisconsin area. It goes right back into our fiscal year, into grants, to the programs, some of which we already fund. The other 25 percent goes straight into national research grants." said race co-chair Susan Ford-Hoffert.

Newsline 9 is a proud sponsor of the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.

You can join team Nate or Team Justin until midnight Tuesday and be part of the race.

The race will be held Sunday.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.