Stratford home destroyed by fire; cord suspected - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Stratford home destroyed by fire; cord suspected

Posted:

STRATFORD (WAOW) – An electrical cord leading to a coffee pot on an outside deck may have ignited a fire that destroyed a home near Stratford Wednesday afternoon, Fire Chief Bill Griesbach said.

No one was hurt, he said. A mother and father were home at the time.

The fire started on an outside wall and got into the roof of the home, Greisbach said.

The mother was inside the home in the basement when she “heard something pop,” alerting her to something being wrong, the fire chief said.

Exactly what happened with the electrical cord remained under investigation, Greisbach said.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WAOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Chief Engineer Russ Crass at 715-842-2251. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.