UPDATE: Oven left on may have caused Thanksgiving morning fire - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

UPDATE: Oven left on may have caused Thanksgiving morning fire

Posted:
WAUSAU (WAOW) -- An oven left on in the kitchen of a Wausau home may have started an early morning Thanksgiving fire, according to Wausau police.

Officials say they are not sure why the oven was on.

Flames broke out early Thanksgiving morning at a home on North 6th Avenue.

Everyone inside of the house made it out safely, according to officials at the Wausau Fire Department.

One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and was quickly released.

Firefighters say the home is a total loss and the family was not able to go back inside.

Powered by Frankly