Explosion burns Wisconsin homeowner, destroys buildings - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Explosion burns Wisconsin homeowner, destroys buildings

Posted:
(WXOW) -- An explosion inside a heating unit Monday morning destroyed two buildings at a home in western Wisconsin.

Firefighters were called to the home at E1635 South Bad Axe Road in the Town of Genoa shortly after 10:00 a.m.

Genoa-Harmony Assistant Fire Chief Todd Oppriecht said that something inside a heating unit in one of the buildings exploded and set the building on fire.  The fire quickly spread to the adjacent building.  Both buildings burned to the ground. The heat from the fire also damaged the siding of the nearby home.

The homeowner was there at the time of the explosion.  Harlan Henry suffered minor burns to his hands after attempting to extinguish the fire on his own. The man was taken by Tri-State Ambulance from the scene for treatment of his injuries at Gundersen Health System in La Crosse according to his fiance.

Powered by Frankly