Faulty oven blamed in Milwaukee man's CO death - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Faulty oven blamed in Milwaukee man's CO death

Posted:

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A faulty oven is blamed in a Milwaukee man's death from carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to the Milwaukee County medical examiner's office, 55-year-old John Fleming died of carbon monoxide poisoning after using the oven to warm up his apartment.

The Journal Sentinel reports Fleming had complained to his sister around 1 p.m. Tuesday that he was cold. The building where he lived had not turned on its heat yet.

His sister went to check on him that evening, found him passed out and called 911.

When emergency responders arrived, their carbon monoxide detectors showed lethal levels of the poisoning gas in Fleming's apartment, and he was quickly removed. Attempts to revive Fleming were unsuccessful.

We Energies determined the oven had a malfunctioning part that was leaking natural gas.

Powered by Frankly