A family is without a home this New Year's Eve after a fire ripped through their house in Fond Du Lac County.
Crews responded to W2949 Woodland Drive in the Town of Ashford around 8:50 a.m. Sunday, according to the Fond du Lac County Sheriff's Office.
The homeowners and their pets got out of the home and are being helped by the Red Cross, officials said.
One of the homeowners was treated for smoke inhalation at an area hospital, deputies said.
Fire officials said they believe the fire started in the chimney and spread to the interior walls of the home.
The house has been deemed a total loss.
A number of agencies responded to the fire including We Energies.
Cait Christenson wanted to address school shootings, the #MeToo movement and racial equality in her graduation speech at Tomahawk High School earlier this month.
1908 Grand Avenue, Wausau, WI 54403
News Tips: firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-842-9293